It’s HALLOWEEN! YAY!
It can be very scary for your pets, you know.
Remember to keep them inside and away from stupid teenagers. And mean drunks.
Especially if your dog (or cat) is black.
And here’s a list of things that can result in a pricey visit to the vet. So, even though there’s lots of distractions and lots of strangers coming to the door, keep an eye on your fur baby during the witching hours.
- Chocolate (toxic)
- Candy (Your dog does not need sugar. for real.)
- Grapes & Raisins (toxic)
- Glow sticks & glow jewelry (Although not toxic, can cause mouth irritation and profuse drooling)
- Candles (An excited tail and a well-placed candle can singe the heck out of some fur. Or burn your house down. Keep ’em up).
- Costumes (That costume is super cute. Is it making her over heat? Is it obscuring her vision? Is it too tight, making it hard for her to breathe?)
Basically, pay attention and be smart. An ounce of prevention & all that noise.
And if your pup digs into the candy despite your best efforts, here’s the number for poison control.
pugs & kisses,