More shopping tips:
Buy beef stew meat. It’s the cheapest non-ground cut of meat in the packaged beef section of the grocery store.
I do not feed my dogs raw ground beef, primarily because it’s fatty, and also because most of the time, ground beef is not certified as grass-feed, hormone/antibiotic-free.
Stew meat is leaner, though has some marbling. I cut away any external pieces of fat.
Recipe for beef & veggies:
- 3-oz raw stew meat
- 1-2 oz steamed, chopped broccoli OR
- 1-2 oz cooked, pureed carrots OR
- 1-2 oz cooked, mashed sweet potato OR
- 1-2 oz fresh, vine-ripened local tomato
- 1 Tbsp raw, local honey
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 scoop of digestive enzyme powder (Total-zymes comes with a scoop inside)
Digestive enzymes are added whenever I feed them something cooked, like steamed broccoli.
It’s important to avoid starchy vegetables in combination with proteins to keep from slowing the digestive process. Tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and sweet potatoes are less starchy and will not cause indigestion.
I’m telling you, once you get into a groove, once you find your comfort zone, this is easy. You can do it!
pugs & kisses!