Sardines gross me out.
But my dogs LOVE them. Pearl spins around like a top until I can put her bowl on the floor whenever I break out the sardines.
They’re inexpensive, a good source of protein & good fat, and are filled with vitamins & minerals, including:
- Riboflavin (may help prevent cataracts)
- Vitamin B-12 (lowers risk of heart disease, cancer)
- Vitamin D (lowers risk of arthritis, cancer)
- Niacin (lowers risk of arthritis)
- Calcium (bone health)
- Iron (muscle & blood health)
- Phosphorus (good for storing energy)
- Potassium (lowers risk of heart disease)
I keep boxes of Reese Sardines packed in water on the shelf at all times, just in case I forget to take something from the freezer when I’m racing to work in the mornings.
And sometimes I feed them to Pearl and Truman just as a treat, or to get a break from our rotation of poultry and beef.
I add nothing to them. Just sardines in the bowl, mashed with a fork, because at 4.5oz per container, that’s a hefty meal.
They stink, though. So, heads up.
pugs & kisses,
One thought on “Sardines!”
I feel the same way!!!!!!