Happy Paw-lidays from The HOL Dog!

Pearl fell asleep waiting for mama to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...
Pearl fell asleep waiting for mama to read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas…

We are about to take some time off to get ready for Christmas celebrations and spending time with family. We hope y’all get to do the same, if that’s your thing.

But we also want to remind you of the holiday dangers for your precious pup:

  • alcohol
  • chocolate
  • coffee
  • grapes/raisins
  • macadamia nuts
  • raw yeast bread dough
  • onions
  • anything with Xylitol
  • cooked meat bones
  • rich or heavy sauces

Probably not a good idea to let your dog drink the tree water.

Keep an eye on burning candles that are on about the same level as a wagging tail.

Be mindful of attractive ornaments that could result in an expensive intestinal blockage.

2014 has brought tremendous blessings to us at The HOL Dog, and we are STOKED about 2015!

Thanks for all the follows!

pugs & kisses,

Samantha, Pearl & Truman

Advertisements

Happy Howl-o-Ween!!

pugs pumpkin Halloween costume funny

It’s HALLOWEEN! YAY!

OOOOooooo!!! SCARY!

It can be very scary for your pets, you know.

Remember to keep them inside and away from stupid teenagers. And mean drunks.

Especially if your dog (or cat) is black.

And here’s a list of things that can result in a pricey visit to the vet. So, even though there’s lots of distractions and lots of strangers coming to the door, keep an eye on your fur baby during the witching hours.

DOGGIE DANGERS

  • Chocolate (toxic)
  • Candy (Your dog does not need sugar. for real.)
  • Grapes & Raisins (toxic)
  • Glow sticks & glow jewelry (Although not toxic, can cause mouth irritation and profuse drooling)
  • Candles (An excited tail and a well-placed candle can singe the heck out of some fur. Or burn your house down. Keep ’em up).
  • Costumes (That costume is super cute. Is it making her over heat? Is it obscuring her vision? Is it too tight, making it hard for her to breathe?)

Basically, pay attention and be smart. An ounce of prevention & all that noise.

And if your pup digs into the candy despite your best efforts, here’s the number for poison control.

800-213-6680

Have fun!

pugs & kisses,