Happy Paw-lidays from The HOL Dog!

Pearl fell asleep waiting for mama to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...
Pearl fell asleep waiting for mama to read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas…

We are about to take some time off to get ready for Christmas celebrations and spending time with family. We hope y’all get to do the same, if that’s your thing.

But we also want to remind you of the holiday dangers for your precious pup:

  • alcohol
  • chocolate
  • coffee
  • grapes/raisins
  • macadamia nuts
  • raw yeast bread dough
  • onions
  • anything with Xylitol
  • cooked meat bones
  • rich or heavy sauces

Probably not a good idea to let your dog drink the tree water.

Keep an eye on burning candles that are on about the same level as a wagging tail.

Be mindful of attractive ornaments that could result in an expensive intestinal blockage.

2014 has brought tremendous blessings to us at The HOL Dog, and we are STOKED about 2015!

Thanks for all the follows!

pugs & kisses,

Samantha, Pearl & Truman

Advertisements

#WNTF

res ipsa loquitur
res ipsa loquitur

Dogs will eat almost anything. (See pic).

Here’s a list of What Not to Feed your dog:

  1. Chocolate
  2. Coffee
  3. Alcohol
  4. Avocado*
  5. Macadamia Nuts
  6. Grapes
  7. Raisins
  8. Raw Yeast Bread Dough
  9. Anything with Xylitol (sugar free chewing gum)
  10. Onions/ garlic

Why the * on avocado?

Nearly every list I’ve seen shows avocados as a food to avoid. While avocados can be fatal to birds & bunnies, dogs can eat them. Avocados can cause vomiting & a case of the runs, but they are a great source of essential fat. (Fat = Fuel).

Just don’t let Precious snarf down a wHOLe one, which could cause an obstruction & an expensive surgery. We’re trying to avoid that sort of thing, right?

(What’s that I said about moderation & balance?)

Peel it, remove the pit, mash it up with some sea salt. A little guac-er for your cocker! (no onions, tho. Read the wHOLe list).

Everything else listed can kill your dog.┬áSeizures, tremors, liver & kidney failure. It’s hard to say how much it would take to do it. Don’t try to find out. Just know that it can and has happened.

I’ve known stupid fraternity boys who think it’s hilarious to get a dog drunk. Report those fools to the police.

And if you think your dog has gobbled up a bag full of something he shouldn’t have, call:

Animal Poison Control Center. 1-800-213-6680.

Emergency instructions are on http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com.

Be safe!

pugs & kisses,