Dogs Naturally Magazine is one of my favorite publications and “go to” sources for all things good for my dogs. They host the Raw Roundup each year, and have a host of offerings for the holistically minded dog lover. (I highly recommend a subscription – it never disappoints).
I was pleasantly surprised to recently read the article DNM published about Reiki for Dogs, which you may find here. I could not have said it better if I’d written it myself (kind of wish I had, but that’s what I get for being slow on the draw). It is a quick read and a helpful guide, so definitely check it out.
- Reiki is an all-natural practice of energy healing
- Anyone can become a Reiki practitioner, but you must be attuned by a Reiki master
- Reiki energy comes from the Divine Source of all life force energy. The practitioner acts as a channel for that energy
- It is only used for the highest good and can never cause harm
- Reiki can:
- ease pain
- boost the immune system
- speed healing after injury or surgery or illness
- remove emotional blocks that interfere with physical health
- strengthen the bond between you and your dog
- help when transitioning from this life to the Rainbow Bridge
I am now a Third Degree Usui Shiki Ryoho Certified Reiki Master/Practitioner. If you are interested in exploring what Reiki can do for you and your dog (or cat or horse or guinea pig), give me a shout! I would be honored to serve you.
Typical sessions last from 45 minutes to an hour. I work with both you and your dog together. It’s a great, relaxing way to bond with your dog while enhancing both of your well-being.
You can find me at Just Happy Hounds Midtown one Saturday a month. Call for an appointment: 205-777-3699 (JHH) or 205-492-8857 (me).